Just a quick announcement to formalize an organizational change that has been in the works for several months; effective today, I’ve formally accepted the role as the CEO of UHP. Shane has agreed to stay on as our chairman and continue to apply his experience and assist with new client development. I want to thank Shane for his steady hand and guidance over the past years.
What does this mean for all of you? Hopefully, only good news. We intend to invest in better listening and communication tools to ensure you are armed to provide our mission of the highest quality service at below market client fee rates. As you know, if it doesn’t offer value to our staff or clients, UHP doesn’t spend the money.
For all of you that I have met in person, you know that I value our fundamental principles: passion, transparency, humility, vulnerability and servant leadership. I also remain committed to our incredible value proposition of hiring the best, most passionate, most flexible staff and in turn, investing in you and not our overhead costs.
Leading a successful medical staffing company requires a combination of strategic planning and effective management. Here are my seven focus points:
1. Specializing in Our Niche: One of the keys to success of UHP is to specialize in a specific PA/NP niche. This focus makes us the experts and builds our reputation as the go-to staffing agency for hospitals in this sector.
2. Hiring the Right People: Identifying and hiring the right staff is critical to the success of any company, but it’s paramount in our business. This focus includes securing fantastic providers who have passion, who are curious and want to grow professionally. Providers who value transparency, humility and teamwork.
3. Building Our Network: Building and maintaining a network is essential for any staffing or recruiting firm. This strategy includes cultivating relationships with both clients and job candidates. Our growing network helps us identify new business opportunities, attract top talent, and fill job openings quickly.
4. Develop Our Brand: Developing our brand helps us to stand out from other suppliers and attract both clients and candidates. I’m reminded that logos are empty buckets that are filled up with all the positive and negative interactions that people have with that brand. I’m constantly reminded that people think Apple, Amazon, etc., always seem to have the best brands and logos. Our staff is our brand, and thus our focus is on you.
5. Providing Excellent Service: Providing excellent service is critical to building solid relationships with patients, clients, and candidates. It’s where the “rubber hits the road.” We aim to be responsive, transparent, and proactive in addressing their needs and concerns.
6. Focus on Quality: We focus on quality over quantity. Our reputation is trying to say “yes” to our clients, and only amazing staff can enable this focus. We “plan to win”, not “plan to lose”.
7. Utilizing Technology: I’m a tech geek with six patents, but I believe in “invisible technology”. Technology that makes you productive, not helpless to some silly process. Stay tuned for future announcements in this area.
Finally, I often remind myself that “today is the first day of the rest of our lives.” Today, more than ever.
Thank you for all your hard work and extra efforts to bring UHP where we are today. I look forward to working with you as we take UHP and your career satisfaction to the next level.